Friday, December 16, 2011

January 23-27 - PROJECT 2

PROJECT 2
Edit Poem: Autobiography
  1. Insert Header
  2. Choose 1 poem from below and type it into word as you  make words look like they sound
  3. HAS TO FIT ON 1 PAGE!!!
  4. SAVE and SAVE OFTEN!!! 

**** DO NOT COPY AND PAST POEM


HINTS:
***Picture giving you trouble? = Left Click, Wrap Text, Behind Text


POEM 1
NEVER
I’ve never roped a Brahma bull
I’ve never fought a duel,
I’ve never crossed the desert
On a lop-eared, swayback mule,
I’ve never climbed an idol’s nose
To steal a cursed jewel.

I’ve never gone down with my ship
Into the bubblin’ brine,
I’ve never saved a lion’s life
And then had him save mine,
Or screamed Ahoooo while swingin’ through
The jungle on a vine.

I’ve never dealt draw poker
In a rowdy lumber camp,
Or got up at the count of nine
To beat the world’s champ,
I’ve never had my picture on
A six-cent postage stamp.

I’ve never scored a touchdown
On a ninety-yard run,
I’ve never winged six Daltons
With my dying brother’s gun . . .
Or kissed Miz Jane, and rode my hoss
Into the setting sun.
Sometimes I get so depressed
‘Bout what I haven’t done.

-    Shel Silverstein

POEM 2


WHATIF
Last night, while I lay thinking here,
Some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
And pranced and partied all night long
And sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I’m dumb in school?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there’s poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don’t grow taller?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won’t bite?
Whatif the wind tears my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don’t grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems swell, and then
The nighttime Whatifs strike again!
-    Shel Silverstein



POEM 3

THIS BRIDGE
This Bridge will only take you halfway there
To those mysterious lands you long to see:
Through gypsy camps and swirling Arab fairs
And moonlit woods where unicorns run free.
So come and walk awhile with me and share
The twisting trails and wondrous worlds I’ve known.
But this bridge will only take you halfway there - - -
The last few steps you’ll have to take alone.
-    Shel Silverstein




No comments:

Post a Comment